This Saturday, July 15, Amazon Prime is running a special Popeye promotion on their social channels to let fans know that The Continuing Adventures of Popeye are now available for streaming. Be sure to check it out!
The Sweepstakes will be hosted via Facebook and Instagram on Sunday, July 16 with the winner announced on Monday, July 17. Fans are asked to like/follow Popeye and Taylor Farms and then make a comment about how they are incorporating spinach into their daily meals using #FreshSpinachSweepstakes and tagging two friends in their post.
Prizing: 2 Winners, 1 per platform (1 on Facebook, 1 on Instagram) plus two friends each (6 total people) will win a month’s supply of fresh spinach (via redeemable coupons), courtesy of Taylor Farms. So much fun! So healthy! See the official rules below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO KING FEATURES SYNDICATE AND TAYLOR FARMS (the “Sponsors”) AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO KING FEATURES SYNDICATE, TAYLOR FARMS AND THEIR AGENCIES MAY BE USED FOR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION OR CONSENT, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
HOW TO ENTER: The “FRESH SPINACH SWEEPSTAKES” (the “Sweepstakes”): There are two (2) ways to enter beginning July 16, 2017 at 8:00 AM (ET) through July 16, 2017 at 11:59 PM (ET) (the “Entry Period”): (i) Entrant must follow the Sponsors’ Instagram feeds at @Popeye and @YourTaylorFarms (the “Instagram Feeds”) or (ii) Like the Sponsors’ Facebook pages https://www.facebook.com/Popeye and https://www.facebook.com/YourTaylorFarms (the “Facebook Pages”), then comment on the post by sharing your favorite way to incorporate fresh spinach into your daily meals using #FreshSpinachSweepstakes, and tagging two (2) friends in your post.
1. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner(s) will be notified by Sponsors within one (1) month of the last day of the Sweepstakes via social media. The potential Winner(s) must respond via email within five (5) business days of notification, and provide the requested contact information. In the event a Winner does not respond to Sponsors’ notification or does not accept the prize within five (5) business days of notification, the prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. In the event that any one or more potential Winner(s) fails to respond as stated above, declines the prize or fails to provide signed affidavits or releases, such Winner(s) will be deemed to forfeit the prize, and Sponsors will select an alternate Winner(s) from the remaining eligible entrants. If any alternate(s) similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsors will use a reasonable number of attempts, in their discretion, to award the prize(s) to another alternate(s) but if they are unable to do so, the prize(s) will be finally forfeited and Sponsors shall have no further liability in connection with this Sweepstakes. List of Winner(s): The name(s) of the winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be posted on the Instagram Feeds and Facebook Pages once the Winner(s) has been selected. For the name(s) of the Winner(s), send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to King Features c/o Marketing Manager, Floor 41, Fresh Spinach Sweepstakes Winners’ List, Hearst Tower, 300 West 57th Street NY, NY 10019 within two (2) months from the Winner notification date as specified above.
2. ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry per person for Sweepstakes. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If applicable, illegible, inaccurate, lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entry forms or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified. Online entrants must have valid email address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsors of any change in email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address or Instagram/Facebook account. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, carrier, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning the email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or Instagram/Facebook account.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who have reached the age of majority in their state or territory of residence at time of entry. Entrants via Instagram or Facebook must have their Instagram or Facebook profiles set to “public.” Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsors, their parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, independent judging organizations, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer’s limited warranty. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. The Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. If the actual retail value of any Winner’s prize is $600 or more, the Winner must complete a W9 form and supply Sponsors with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner (or, if a minor, in the name of the minor) for the actual value of the prizes received. Sponsors shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize prizes as described herein. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Winner (and parent or legal guardian if Winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. Winner hereby further agrees that it will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of his/her submitted entry, if applicable, to Sponsors within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsors, and any of their affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use the entrant’s submission (including an altered form of the entry), if any, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. If images are being submitted to Sponsors as a requirement for entry, Entrants agree that they have all rights to use the images submitted and to allow Sponsors, any of their affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to reuse any of the images, without any liability, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, acceptance of the prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsors and any affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use Winner’s name and/or likeness and biographical material for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, as well as on Instagram and Facebook to announce the Winner, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsors, their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook. You are providing your information to the Sponsors listed below and not to Instagram or Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Sponsors, not Instagram or Facebook, and you agree to release Instagram and Facebook from any liability in connection with this Sweepstakes.
5. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES / INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry is original to the entrant, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights (including, without limitation, copyrighted images or footage), trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity. Modification of an existing image does not count as original for purposes of this Sweepstakes. The entrant further warrants and represents that entrant has all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the entry, including releases from all persons appearing in the photograph, location releases for all recognizable locations, and releases from anyone who assisted in the creation of the photograph. The entrant must be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the entry, including releases from all persons appearing in the photograph, location releases for all recognizable locations and releases from anyone who assisted in the creation of the photograph. The image must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person. Excepting those of Sponsors, the image must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service. If any person appearing in the image is under the age of majority in their state of residence, the written consent and signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. At Sponsors’ request, and in their sole discretion, Entrants may be required to execute an assignment and release transferring all rights and ownership of their image to Sponsors, the form of such assignment to be determined by Sponsors. In the event an entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsors reserve the right, in Sponsors’ sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable entry or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsors’ benefit. The photograph may not feature nudity or obscene language or material that is libelous or defamatory. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes entities harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder. Sponsors reserve the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Sweepstakes. Entries that do not comply with the above requirements may not be eligible, and, if submitted, may be removed at any time in Sponsors’ sole discretion. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
6. INTERNET/mobile: Sponsors are not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsors or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any Website, or via the mobile phone or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet or mobile phone portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt of affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
7. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto.
SPONSORS: The Sponsors of this Sweepstakes are King Features Syndicate, 300 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019 and Taylor Farms, 150 Main Street, Salinas, CA 93901.